Sunday, December 8, 2013

Book Review: The Power of Meditation

an ancient technique to access your inner power

by Edward Viljoen

The flow of the language in this book makes it feel like a conversation.  As each idea, technique, or perspective is introduced, it invites calm consideration.  The steps are easy, clear suggestions for beginning simple daily rituals are given. I leave the book with clear images of this path as accessible and quite valuable.  I have meditated for many years, and am hungry for ways to keep it fresh, to go deeper, and maintain clearer understanding of my responses to life.  The variety of examples and suggestions is wonderful. This book is packed full of information I will access again and again.

I am such a story lead reader that I am more skeptical of the interest level I can keep with an instructional book without pictures.  I am happy to find this a welcome tool for my practice, and I have new insights into my particular relationship to meditation and quiet.  I recommend this book to anyone curious about mediation and quieting the mind.

Review written by Laura Feahr, a bookstore volunteer.

The Power of Meditation is available at Stepping Stones Books & Gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts