Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Why Quality Matters


As manager and buyer for Stepping Stones Books and Gifts, I spend a lot of time and energy finding new products for the store. Whether I am perusing products at a gift show, looking in magazines and catalogs, or meeting with sales representatives, I am always on the lookout for items that support our Center’s vision of a world that works for everyone. I also take into consideration the price point (the wholesale cost of the item versus how much I need to charge for it in the store) and, most importantly, I scrutinize everything to determine its quality.

Quality is an important consideration for a number of reasons. I purchase products to sell in the store that I would buy for my home for personal use. I am very careful about how I spend my money, and I think that our customers are too. I would not feel good about selling something that is not going to hold up under normal wear and tear. I want to feel good about what I am selling and I want our customers to feel good about what they are buying.

My intention is to create long-term relationships with the folks who shop at Stepping Stones. I want to turn customers into friends by making sure everything they purchase is of good quality. That’s what friends are for.


By Martha Salazar
Manager, Stepping Stones Books and Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts