Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Greeting Cards


When was the last time you sent a card to someone?


In the times of texting, Facebook, Facebook messenger, and email, you would think that greeting cards are often overlooked or forgotten as a form of communication. Not true. In our book and gift store we continue to sell large quantities of cards: birthday, sympathy, friendship, wedding, love, get well, and congratulations. There is something very special about receiving a card honoring, celebrating, or acknowledging an important event in the life of a friend or loved one.

I remember my grandmother and mother being absolutely consistent sending out cards for all the many and varied life events happening in our large family. When I say sending out, I mean mailing, with those little things called postage stamps.

I know how good it makes me feel when I receive a greeting card in my mailbox. It is always a special surprise and delight. For such a simple gift, it has great meaning that stays with me a very long time.

When was the last time you sent a card to someone? Isn’t it time?

Martha Salazar

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I love to send and receive greeting cards and thank you cards.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts