Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CD Review: Dancing Into Silence, R. Carlos Nakai, William Eaton, and Will Clipman

There are several book reviews appearing on our blog and I'm grateful to all the writers--I thought I might try my hand at sharing a different kind of review, an instrumental CD R. Carlos Nakai, William Eaton, and Will Clipman's Dancing into Silence.

Dancing into Silence is a very nice soothing instrumental CD that I like to have playing in the background while I am working in the bookstore. The music features Carlos Nakai on the Native American flute beautifully played along with a mild drum and harp guitar. The rhythm is not so fast that it makes me jittery and not so slow that it lulls me into a non-productive meditative state. The CD plays a continuous easy sound that smoothly changes one song to the next without any notice on my part.

Some people love complete silence for their meditation practice, others prefer the gentle backdrop of music, still others love to be outside with the sounds and sights of nature. If you are one of those who has a list of favorite meditation music, or favorite music-to-do-things-by, please leave a comment below and let us know what you listen to. We'd love to hear from you.

love, Martha Salazar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts