Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Book Review: Patience


The Art of Peaceful Living

by Allan Lokos


Even though February is well past, I have to mention the book of the month, Patience, The Art of Peaceful Livingby Allan Lokos. I started reading it dutifully, thinking patience isn't one of my issues. But I quickly developed a deeper understanding of the nuances of patience and the need for practice, for all of us. His easy, gentle approach served as a back drop as I burned up my Mac laptop, had a ten day delay for its replacement and then had my heater break in the middle of a cold spell. His wise words and easy pace began to set a new tone for my inner voice. His subtitle, The Art of Peaceful Living, was just that for me. Even today I have a new respect and relationship with patience.


Review by Rev. Ruth Barnhart, a staff minister at Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa

Patience, The Art of Peaceful Living is available at Stepping Stones Books & Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts