Monday, August 27, 2012

Essential Oils

Have you tried Essential Oils?  Here are some comments about using two popular oils.

Madagascan Lemon Eucalyptus

(Eucalyptus citriodora)


I'm not particularly fond of the scent from Eucalyptus, but this lemony fresh Eucalyptus from Madagascar is wonderful.  It's almost impossible to separate Eucalyptus from its legendary effectiveness in relieving discomfort associated with colds, coughs, sinus and flu.

So when I found Eucalyptus citriodora, I had something to add to my home stash of comforting oils that had a smell I could enjoy and would do the same thing for me that Eucalyptus would.

Edward Viljoen







South African Lavender

(Lavandula Marie)

South African Lavender is our top selling Essential Oil followed by Madagascar Lemon.  I know when people are sampling from the trial bottles, as the bookstore quickly fills with the aroma of fresh cut lavender. With a process of steam distillation, the oils from the flowers are extracted to create this lovely oil which has a soft floral and herbal scent.  The scent has a calming effect which aids in relaxation and the reduction of stress and anxiety.  I have heard from some folks that use South African lavender to relieve headaches.

Martha Salazar

To learn more about Essential Oils, join us at Stepping Stones Books and Gifts on Friday September 7 to hear a talk by Dr. Edward Viljoen on Essential Oils.  This is a Free event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts