Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I look for gift items you are not likely to find anywhere else

I have the delightful job of purchasing products for Stepping Stones Books and Gifts. I take my job seriously and I have fun doing it! I’m a researcher by nature. I like to gather information and I enjoy studying the buying habits of our customers. When customers wander around the store, I like to observe what they are looking at, what they are touching, what they actually pick up, and what makes it to the cash register. This tells me which items are moving, which items are drawing attention, and which items are collecting dust.

I’m always on the lookout for fabulous gift items. I attend the San Francisco Gift Show twice a year and work closely with representatives of numerous vendor lines. I also study catalogues and trade magazines. I visit websites of other stores, in and out of the area, to see what they are carrying. I look for items to inspire, to enrich, to calm, to soothe, to comfort, to induce smiles and laughter, and to bring joy. I look for gift items that represent many different faith traditions and that our customers are not likely to find anywhere else.

I do all of this because I want you to consider Stepping Stones Books and Gifts your go-to place for that special gift.

Martha Salazar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts